The aims of the International Network of Wrestling Researchers (INWR) are to “Facilitate the development of wrestling through international and intercultural understanding and cooperation; and to support wrestling-related research and education.”
- Identify wrestling researchers and scientists from around the world.
- Create opportunities for researchers to connect and share ideas through a communication network.
- Organize meetings at major competitions.
- To provide information for United World Wrestling (UWW) and other decision-makers in our sport.
- To provide researchers with opportunities for publications and presentations.
- To improve the availability of research-related sources.
- To encourage and support wrestling-related educational activities.
- To support and facilitate the best wrestling teaching and coaching methods.
- To work collaboratively and explore partnerships with other organizations and programs who can benefit from the intellectual resources of this organization.
- Provide a discussion forum to enable communication between all those who use an official website.
- Encourage and support wrestling related activities between students and researchers.
- Organize a database of wrestling-related research articles for open access.
- Increase the translations of some important works that have not been readily available around the world
- Provide support for developing nations.
- Publish a scholarly journal.
- Provide recognition for scholarly contributions to the sport of wrestling.