Randall R. WROBLE MD
Institution/Organization: Sportsmedicine Grant
Mailing Address: 323 E Town St, Powell OH 43215
Current Areas of Interest: wrestling epidemiology, biomechanics of mats
Completed Wrestling Research:
1. Wroble RR, Mysnyk MC, Foster DT and Albright JP: Patterns of knee injuries in wrestling at the University of Iowa – A six year study. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 14:55-66, 1986.
2. Mysnyk MC, Wroble RR, Foster DT and Albright JP: Prepatellar bursitis in wrestlers. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 14:46-54, 1986.
3. Wroble RR and Albright JP: Neck and low back injuries in wrestling. Clinics in Sports Medicine. 5:295-325, 1986.
4. Wroble RR, McMullen TR, and Everhart-McDonald M: Update on wrestling injuries. Columbus Physician 64(1):12-13, 1995.
5. Pommering TL and Wroble RR: Septic arthritis of the shoulder: Treating an atypical case. Physician and Sportsmedicine 24(5):75-85, 1996.
6. Wroble RR and Moxley DP: Weight loss patterns and success rates in high school wrestlers, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, in press.
7. Wroble RR and Moxley DP: Acute weight gain and its relationship to success in high school wrestlers, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 30(6): 949-951, 1998.
8. Lane SE, Rhame GL, and Wroble RR: Treatment option for auricular hematoma: Silicon splint, Physician and Sportsmedicine, 26(9): 77-78, 1998.
9. Hand JW and Wroble RR: Prevention of tinea corporis in college wrestlers, Journal of Athletic Training, 34:350-352, 2000.
10. Wroble RR and Moxley DP: Off-season strength training for high school football players: The effect of concurrent sports participation, Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15(1), 132-135, 2001.
11. Wroble RR: The real problem of weight loss is the method of weight loss. Wrestling USA, 39(5), 12/15/03, p 14-15, 2003.
1. Wroble RR, Hoegh JT and Albright JP. Wrestling, in Reider, B. “Sports Medicine for the School Age Athlete”, Saunders, Philadelphia, 1st edition, 1991, p 520-558.
2. Harvey JA, Wroble RR and Wotowey S. The Prevention of Injuries in Wrestling, in Renstrom PAFH, Ed. “Clinical Practice of Sports Injury Prevention and Care”: The Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine, Volume4, Blackwell, Oxford, 1994, p 547-560.
3. Wroble RR. Wrestling, in Caine DJ, Caine CG, and Lindner KJ “Epidemiology of Sports Injuries”, Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL, 1996, p 417-438.
4. Wroble RR, Hoegh JT and Albright JP. Wrestling, in Reider, B. “Sports Medicine for the School Age Athlete”, Saunders, Philadelphia, 2ND Edition, 1996, p 583-612.
5. Hewett TE, Pasque C, Heyl R, and Wroble RR. Wrestling Injuries in Caine DJ, Maffulli N (eds): “Epidemiology of Pediatric Sports Injuries”, Karger, Basel, 2005, p 152-178.
Kordi R, Maffulli N, Wroble RR, Wallace WA, Editors. Combat Sports Medicine, Springer-Verlag, London, 2009.