Daryl grew up in Iowa and won two high school state titles for Don Bosco HS. At Don Bosco he wrestled under Dan Mashek, who is the winningest Iowa High School Wrestling Coach in history. Coach Weber then went on to wrestle at the University of Iowa under Dan Gable from ’91-’96. During his time at U of Iowa Daryl won a Big Ten title, NCAA Championship and was a three time All-American. After graduating from Iowa he continued to compete internationally in Freestyle through 2000. While competing internationally Coach Weber took second at the U.S. Open, won the Sunkist Open and wrestling in over a dozen international freestyle tournaments. After his competitive career ended Daryl moved to Christiansburg, VA then won the State Championship five straight years.
Daryl has pulled from his competitive career, past seven years as Head Coach of seven State Championship teams, experiences under Coaches like Dan Gable & Dan Mashek, and his years coaching along side Kevin Dresser to develop a system of teaching mental and physical skills with a strong emphasis on building character that helps his wrestlers reach their highest possible level. Beside the many State Champions, National Champions and All-Americans he has coached Coach Weber has had over 90% of his graduates from Christiansburg High School go on to wrestle in college.
Christiansburg High School under Daryl Weber 2007-2013:
• 7 straight VA AA Team State Championships (12 in a row total)
• 35 State Champions
• Over 90% of Graduates gone on to wrestle in college.
• 2008-2009 Virginia Coach of the Year by NWCA
• 2008 Inducted into the Iowa High School Wrestling Hall of Fame
• 2000-2006 Assistant Coach Christiansburg HS (CHS was Runner-up one year and State Champs 5 of those years.)
• 2000-Present Head Coach of Hawkeye East / VA Elite Wrestling Club
• 2000-2001 National Assistant H.S. Coach of the Year
• 1997-2000 Strength and Conditioning Coach University of Iowa
• 1997-2000 Competed Internationally in Freestyle
• Placing in over a dozen International Freestyle Competitions
• 1998 Sunkist Open Champion
• 1998 U.S. Open Runner-up
• 1996 NCAA Champion
• 1996 Big Ten Champion
• 1996, 1995 & 1994 NCAA All-American
• 1991-1996 Wrestled under Dan Gable for University of Iowa