Involved with traditional wrestling styles for the past 15 years as a competitor and coach, my predominant styles are Sumo, Ssireum and English (Cumberland and Westmorland) Backhold Wrestling.
Competed internationally for Great Britain in both Sumo and Ssireum achieving notable accomplishments in both styles:
• One of only 2 British Ssireum players to qualify for the official World Championship
• 5 x British Ssireum Champion
• 10 x British Sumo champion
• Bronze medal at the European Continental Championships
• Head Coach for the British Sumo u21s squad
Research interests: talent identification and development specifically Relative Age Effect, and the historical development of wrestling styles across the globe.
Higher Education Lecturer at the University Centre Doncaster delivering on the Physical Education and Sports Coaching Degree. Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) which is a national programme, lead at the University.