Işık BAYRAKTAR, PhD
Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Sport Science Faculty, Training Science Department
28 studies published as a scientific article in sport science journals.
25 studies presented in scientific congresses and published in proceedings book as a scientific study.
8 books and 5 book chapter published scopes sport and training science.
Details of the works related to wrestling in these publications are given below:
- Bayraktar, I., Koc, H. (2017). A study of profile and comparison for Turkish Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestlers who prepared for Rio 2016. Ovidius University Annals, Series Physical Education & Sport/Science, Movement & Health, 17(2), 190-199.
- Bayraktar, I. (2017). Normative Study of Some Physical and Physiological Parameters of Athletes and Wrestlers. Nobel Academic Publishing, Ankara
- Bayraktar, I. (2017). Agility and Speed Standards for Student Teenager Wrestlers. Universal Journal of Educational Research, 5(4), 557-560.
- Bayraktar, I., Deliceoglu, G., Kahraman, E., Yaman, M. (2012). A Comparison of Some Physical Parameters for Wrestlers at The Age of 15-17 According to Their Wrestling Styles. International Refereed Academic Journal of Sports, Health and Medical Sciences, 2(2): 56-67.
- Bayraktar, I., Kahraman, E., & Deliceoğlu, G. (2011). Turkish Norm Values in Wrestling. Ankara: Ata Ofset.
Areas of Interest:
Talent identification, LTAD, sports biomechanics, coaching education, measurement and evaluation in sports
Born in 1972, I am a former high jumper and Turkish record holder. I have worked in Turkish Athletic federation as a general secretary, national team coach and I am continue a technical board member in the federation.
I am working at Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University as an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Sports Sciences. At the same time, I am vice dean and the head of the coaching education department in the faculty.
Wrestling sport, which is called the ancestor sport of the Turkish people, is the most popular sport in our country. Because of that we are a good spectator in any wrestling events. As a Turkish academic, some of my scientific studies are about wrestling. I did physical and physiological norm values study in wrestling that can be used in the talent identification selection of Turkish children as a doctorate thesis in 2010. Another important work on wrestling was published in 2017 that a study of profile and comparison for Turkish Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestlers who prepared for Rio 2016. What makes this work valuable is that 5 of the wrestlers of the research group won Olympic medals which are 1 gold, 2 silver and 2 branch medals.
Google Scholar Profile