Sylvia BAKALOVA, PHD
National Sport Academy – Sofia, Bulgaria
Historian with a specialty history of physical education and sport.
My professional interests have been linked to the history of the wrestling for more than 20 years – particularly the traditional wrestling and modern Olympic styles.
My scientific researchers are currently focused on the history of the Bulgarian wrestling, its organizational structure, as well as a moral and ethical standards laid down in the sport, in particular in the traditional wrestling.
Publications in authorship with Prof. Rayko Petrov:
1. The Roots of Wrestling: The traditional Wrestling styles (Budapest, 2000)
2. Wrestling in the Written Word (2010 – BG, 2011 – АN, 2012 – FR).
• Worldwide traditional wrestling (Sofia, 2006)
• Changing the starting date of the establishment of the International Wrestling Federation (FILA)
• Historical roots of the moral and the ethics in the sport
• Athletes’ strength training in the Ancient Greece
• Traditional wrestling – historical basis of the Olympic wrestling styles
• The epoch Rayko Petrov
• Greco-Roman wrestling – European sport
• Wrestling leadership in the classification of the Thracians
• Moral aspects of the prayers, vows and challenges in the traditional wrestling
• Specific folklore in wrestling and more